Creative Director. Designer. Brand Builder. Thoughtful Disrupter.
Los Angeles, CA, USA | atwooddesignstudio.com
A natural creative leader, Rick spent the past 20 years focusing on directing and designing strategy-driven work for Intel, Disney, American Heart, Westfield, NBC, Seagram’s, PepsiCo, Versace, The George Lucas Educational Foundation, Palmaz Vineyards, Pandora and dozens more.
Rick is a powerful verbal, visual and written communicator, effective in rallying a consensus among team members and highly opinionated stakeholders. His combined passion for world class design, digital technology, and storytelling results in memorable, multi-channel experiences that connect brands, products and audiences.
Rick is senior enough to mentor but loves to roll up is sleeves and be fully hands-on.
Creative Leadership, Creative & Design Direction, Brand Strategy, Digital Strategy, Team Management, Integrated Campaigns, Mobile UX, User Experience, Information Architecture, E-commerce, Branding, Packaging, Environments, Film & Motion Graphics, Product Design, Online Community Design, Photography Art Direction.
Atwood Design Studio
Freelance Strategy, Creative Director & Design
Long Beach, CA
• Strategy, digital, print, social and style guidelines for Napa County California, Dominican University of California, Evolution Los Angeles Entertainment, American Heart Association, Kelton Global Consultants, Renaissance Education, Blue World Voyages and Beall Financial among many
• Revitalization, environmental design, B2B & B2C digital and print marketing for 12+ Luxury Westfield Shopping Centers worldwide
• Brand refresh, digital marketing and print collateral for the George Lucas Educational Foundation
• Digital and business strategy, social media, email and biz dev for numerous B2B and B2C programs for the American Heart Association
• Digital, print advertising, video, marketing and IPO materials for Pandora.com Internet Radio
• Strategy, naming, identity and packaging for Cargil Foods
Goldberg Moser O’Neill (merged with Hill Holliday Advertising)
Design Director, Creative Services Management
San Francisco, CA
• Design Director of $14M design studio within $500M+ national advertising agency
• Adweek Icon Award winning digital and print B2B and B2C marketing for Quantum DLT
• Strategy, positioning, branding and advertising for the Venetian Resort & Casino Las Vegas
• Packaging, advertising and collateral for Beringer Blass Wine Estates’ multiple brands
• Rebranding and identity design including comprehensive style guidelines for SGI Silicon Graphics
• Style guidelines and direct response advertising for Sempra Energy
• Tradeshow, booth, environmental design, marketing and advertising for Audible.com
• Led agency technology practice including worldwide identity, packaging and digital design and style guides for Intel
• Branding, design and signage program for Ghiraradelli Square San Francisco
• Identity and packaging design for Sudafed
• Packaging and design for Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, Pepsi, Kraft and multiple Clorox brands
BFA, Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA.
Past faculty, Department of Advertising, Academy of Art College, San Francisco, CA
CA Communication Arts, Clio Awards, Effie Awards, Adweek Icon, American Marketing Association and Print Magazine.